School districts in Santa Barbara are changing school menus in an extended effort to provide healthier food to our children. They are also trying to combat a well recognized obesity epidemic among young people in our country. The Director of Nutrition Services says, “the old menu was made up of foods that were high in salt, fats and sugars.” To apply some of these changes, the districts are also reaching out to local growers and markets to provide a supply of fresh produce.
View Schools in the Entire Santa Barbara Area
View Local Video Broadcast on Healthier Food in Santa Barbara Schools
- Santa Barbara School Information – Research Santa Barbara Area Schools
- Green Living
- Are $5 Gas Prices Effecting Santa Barbara CA Realtors and/or Their Clients?
- Santa Barbara Leads the Way in Greenhouse Gas Emission Studies
- Here is a Method that is Helping Make Santa Barbara More Eco-Friendly
- How Green is Your Santa Barbara Home…and Realtor?
- Home Schooling Options for Santa Barbara Families
- 5 Easy Tips to Free Up Your Time and Vanish Your Junk Mail
- Treat Your Kitchen’s Home to Food from the Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties