Santa Barbara Real Estate for the Goleta South Area – Year End Sales Statistics for 2008
I have summarized below an easy to look at brief outline of the overall Santa Barbara MLS statistics for both single family homes and condos in the Goleta South area for the year 2008. The comparisons are drawn against the previous year’s statistics (2007) for Santa Barbara Real Estate.
- Condo listings were down 35% from 145 listings to 93 listings compared to 2007
- Condos sold were down 18% from 72 condos to 59 condos
- The average sales price was down 5% from $559,214 to $526,851
- The median sales price was up 3% from $534,000 to $553,800
SINGLE FAMILY HOMES:
- Single family homes listings were down 7% from 167 listings to 154 listings compared to 2007
- Single family homes sold were up 20% from 65 to 78 single family homes sold
- The average sales price was down 19% from $1,087,269 to $879,417
- The median sales price was down 16% from $857,500 to $735,500
The lowest sale in the Goleta South area was a 1 bedroom condo for $255,000 on Armitos Ave. The highest sale in the Goleta South area was a new construction home in The Bluffs by Sandpiper Golf Course for $2.5 Million on Heron Court.
View: Map of Goleta
For a complete summary of the Santa Barbara Real Estate Market in 2008, information in general on Santa Barbara Real Estate, Montecito Real Estate and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s International Realty.
Further Reading: Is My Realtor a Santa Barbara Neighborhood Specialist?, Santa Barbara Real Estate Market Statistics, Santa Barbara Real Estate – General News, Santa Barbara – The Oceanfront Areas, Santa Barbara Community Events, Goleta Area Information and Statistics
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties