Carpinteria and Summerland CA. Real Estate – Year End Sales Statistics for 2008
I have summarized below an easy to look at brief outline of the overall Santa Barbara MLS statistics for both single family homes and condos in the Carpinteria and Summerland CA. areas for the year 2008. The comparisons are drawn against the previous year’s statistics (2007) for Santa Barbara Real Estate.
SINGLE FAMILY HOMES:
- Single family home listings were up 10% from 144 to 159 compared to 2007
- Single family homes sold were down 6% from 65 homes to 61 homes
- The average sales price was down 25% from $2,553,336 to $1,894,562
- The median sales price was down 38% from $1,179,000 to $850,000
- Condo listings were about even from 147 listings to 148 listings compared to 2007
- Condos sold were down 28% from 56 condos to 40 condos
- The average sales price was down 18% from $580,000 to $471,000
- The median sales price was down 19% from $552,000 to $448,000
The lowest sale in Carpinteria CA. was a 2 bed 1 bath condo for $239,900 on Hickory Street. The highest sale in Carpinteria CA. was an ocean front home in the Rincon area for $13.2 Million on Puesta del Sol.
The lowest sale in Summerland CA. was a true fixer single family home for $640,000 Banner Avenue. The highest sale in Summerland CA. was an ocean front / bluff top home for $8 Million on East Finney Street.
View Map of Carpinteria CA.
View: Map of Summerland CA.
For a complete summary of the Santa Barbara Real Estate Market in 2008, information in general on Santa Barbara Real Estate, Montecito Real Estate and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Is My Realtor a Santa Barbara Neighborhood Specialist?
- Santa Barbara Real Estate Market Statistics
- Santa Barbara Real Estate – General News
- Santa Barbara – The Oceanfront Areas
- Santa Barbara – Community Events
- The Carpinteria CA. Area – General Information
- The Summerland CA. Area – General Information
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Area Properties