Use some or all of these tips to help begin to save some of the 100 million trees chopped down annually to produce junk mail in the United States:
- If you do business with a company via mail services, it will often put you on its contact list. So the first time you make a transaction (such as placing an order) with that company, ask to be put on its “in-house suppress” or “do not promote” lists. Tell the company not to “rent” or share your name with other companies.
- To stop junk mail from credit card, mortgage, and insurance companies, try going to OptOutPreScreen.com which allows you to remove your name from lists generated by the four major credit bureaus– Equifax, Innovis, TransUnion, and Experian.
- Get the Stop the Junk Mail Kit from the Consumer Research Institute. This kit comes with pre-addressed postcards for you to send to companies that send you those annoying catalogs, wasteful postcards, and unnecessary brochures.
- Several subscription services will reduce your junk mail for you. You can pay a fee to join Stop the Junk Mail which offers an online service to reduce junk mail. Also, check out GreenDimes – for a dime a day, this service will reduce your junk mail and plant a tree in your name every month.
- If you’re fed up with other types of junk (faxes, email, phone calls, etc.), take a look at JunkBusters.com.
- Green Housing in Santa Barbara, What You Can Do
- How Green is Your Santa Barbara Home…and Realtor?
- 5 Easy Tips to Free Up Your Time and Vanish Your Junk Mail
- Santa Barbara Homes For Sale with a Good WalkScore
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Subscribe to Receive Personal Listings of Santa Barbara Real Estate
Search The Santa Barbara Area MLS