During the last 60 days, beachfront real estate here in and around Santa Barbara has picked up quite a bit with a lot of activity. Just in the last 2 months we have seen 9 new Active ocean front listings, 4 closed sales and 1 pending (in escrow).
- Of these listings, 7 have been in Carpinteria mainly along Padaro Lane and Sand Point Road.
- Of these listings, 7 have been in the Santa Barbara or Montecito areas.
- 4975 Sandyland Road #205, Carpinteria CA. priced at $999,500. Exceptional ocean front property at Carpinteria Shores. On second floor with full view of breaking surf year around. Beautifully remodeled unit. Furnishings (with some exceptions) are included. Rarely available property overlooking the Pacific. Owner may have pets. Elevator newly installed in building.
- 1220 Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara CA. priced at $1,950,000. The beauty of Santa Barbara awaits you in this exquisitely designed cottage on Shoreline Drive, featured in Coastal Living Magazine. Ideally located with fantastic views of the ocean & islands, it is across from the park & steps to the beach. High-end quality throughout. Fully approved plans for an expansion & 2nd story addition. Don’t miss this one!
- 1349 Plaza Pacifica, Montecito CA. priced at $2,500,000. Rarely Available Near Oceanfront Luxury Penthouse End Unit. Great white water views from LR & huge enclosed terrace. All surfaces completely redone down to studs with exquisite taste. This single level 2nd flr 3/3 is the largest floor plan! Unit below is for sale too. Buy both! Washer/dryer, Fire Place, 2 garage spaces steps away & incredible location. Complete redo by Dennis Woodson AIA & Spieler Construction.
- 5289 Austin Road, Santa Barbara CA. priced at $2,695,000. Spectacular panoramic front-row oceanfront! Under $3M for one of the most beautiful bluff top view spots in Santa Barbara, with nearby private beach access. Newer upgraded home with almost 200′ of oceanfront, perfect for ocean-view entertaining and relaxing. Think 2nd home or in-town-always-on-vacation home! Private lane of 11 oceanfront homes by More Mesa.
- 1533 Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara CA. priced at $3,250,000. Romantic oceanfront home with panoramic ocean & island views. Exceptionally private and thoughtfully remodeled 3/2.5 bright & airy home offering a gourmet’s kitchen, open beam ceilings, wood floors and many doorways to the seaside terrace for true indoor/outdoor living. Gated & beautifully landscaped property consisting of 2 parcels totaling 0.6 acres.
- 745 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA. priced at $4,300,000. Awe inspiring ocean, bird refuge, and mountain views from this 1+ acre beachfront property perfectly located on exclusive and coveted Sand Point Beach. Highly sought after enclave of rarely available ocean front homes. Guarded, gated. Acclaimed privacy and serenity. 1940’s original shingled beach cottage, enlarged with 2 story addition, guest quarters, garage/workshop. Extraordinary property.
- 871 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA. priced at $6,650,000. Breathtaking ocean, island & coastline views, a stunning floating staircase, majestic 2 story LR, formal DR, private master with fireplace, gym & wrap around balcony & attached guest quarters w/separate entrance are features of this quality home in a guarded enclave. Enjoy easy beach access & the fabulous community pool, tennis court & clubhouse.
- 869 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA. priced at $10,900,000. One-of-a-kind oceanfront site extends beyond the beach/neighbors, grandfathered by pre-1920 original estate. Moroccan Mediterranean style home feels remarkably ”surrounded” by ocean on 3 sides. Very rare. Private, gracious proportions, hi ceilings, flooded w/natural light, paneled Office/Library, Studio, Guest Suite, beach access, comm. Pool, Tennis Court, Gated.
- 4257 Avenue del Mar, Carpinteria CA. priced at $22,500,000. A very special & private beachfront family compound in exclusive & gated Sandyland Cove includes a 6 bedroom main house, a 1 bed guest house with living room, tennis court, swimming pool & spa, 3+-car garage on 1 +- acre with approximately 95 ft of beach frontage. One of the largest parcels on the “Cove.” Properties like this are almost never on the market.
- 661 Del Parque #B, Santa Barbara CA. closed at $1,299,000. Front and Center at East Beach–Tasteful Beach Abode, White Water Dolphin Views, gated, 2 car attached garage, fireplace, vaulted ceilings, over l600 square feet of Beach front living.
- 1109 Luneta Plaza, Santa Barbara CA. closed at $1,900,000. One of the most sought after ocean front sites. Steps from the beach, harbor, Stearn’s Wharf and downtown Santa Barbara in a fabulous bluff-top location. Existing structure features 4 bedrooms & 3 baths. Remodel plans by Tom Meaney AIA available.
- 1542 Miramar Beach Drive #B, Montecito CA. closed at $2,160,000. Darling Board n’ Batten BEACHFRONT cottage on the sand of Miramar Beach with 2 beach side decks and panoramic ocean, island & coastline views. While very cozy, it is extremely romantic and delightful throughout with open beam ceilings, a fireplace & abundant French Doors. This is the lowest priced beachfront home in years and an excellent rental income opportunity.
- 755 Sand Point Road, Carpinteria CA. closed at $5,000,000. Rarely available, build your Dream Home on this 6.15 acre site in prestigious Sand Point Beach Colony. Direct access to ocean and beach,all year-round resort lifestyle. Private Rd.Gate-Guarded Community. Great Bird Sanctuary views, Dolphins and Whales frolic out your front window.
- 3281 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria CA. pending sale…asking price $7,450,000. Commanding panoramic ocean, island & coastline views are enjoyed from this premier location on Padaro’s coveted knoll w/easy beach access yet total privacy & safety from wave damage. This spacious & bright South facing single story home has open beam wood ceilings & a flexible floor plan, large family rm, & a huge beach side patio for entertaining in privacy.
- Montecito 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara Ocean Front Areas
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate
- Most Significant Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales 2011…so far
- Luxury Real Estate Sales 2010 – $10 Million and Up
- Montecito Beachfront Town homes at Bargain Prices
- 2010 Top 10 Real Estate Sales Montecito, Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara, Carpinteria
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS