Once again, America’s most expensive zip codes includes Montecito CA. Coming in this year at #9, statistics show that the median home price here in Montecito to be at $3,099,000. So far this year, the most expensive sale in Montecito was a dated, but clean ocean front home located at 1473 Edgecliff Lane that closed for $10,750,000. Other significant sales were a brand new Mediterranean Estate with privacy and panoramic ocean views located at 1379 Oak Creek Canyon Road. This wonderful Estate closed for $9,000,000. Another gorgeous Italian Villa located at 2959 Sycamore Canyon Road closed at $7,900,000.
Overall there have been no major high end sales in the $12-$25 million range, but plenty of sales in the $5 to $10 million range. This obviously has to do with the market coming down around 40% in the high end market for sure over the last 3 years.
Of the combined top 10 wealthiest zip codes, 4 were located in California (Montecito, Beverly Hills, Atherton and Hillsborough), while the other 6 were located in and around New York.
- Montecito 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara Ocean Front Areas
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate
- Most Significant Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales 2011…so far
- Luxury Real Estate Sales 2010 – $10 Million and Up
- Montecito Beachfront Town homes at Bargain Prices
- 2010 Top 10 Real Estate Sales Montecito, Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara, Carpinteria
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.