Sotheby's International Realty
1436 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone or Text
Here is an easy to view summary of the real estate market in the Carpinteria area from the summer months through until the end of October 2011. Normally this time of year sees a lot of activity in June and July, then slowing a little in August as many people are on vacation, sending kids off to school, paying bills from all the summer activities etc. Then in mid September through until about Thanksgiving we have a relatively strong real estate market on average. Overall, the Carpinteria market has been very strong in the price range from $200,000 to $750,000 with a lot of homes and condos selling as well as many current pending sales.
Closed Sales in the Carpinteria Area
- During these 5 months from June – October, Carpinteria had approximately 53 Closed sales of condos, town homes, PUD’s (planned unit developments) and single family homes. The lowest priced sale that was recorded during this stretch of the year was a 2 bed 1 bath condo located on Birch Street for $192,000. The highest sale was a stark contrast to this as Carpinteria also has wonderful ranches, estates and ocean front property. The highest sale closed in June for $6.6 million. The home was a single level, open beamed home, roughly 2600 sqft. with commanding panoramic ocean front views. The home is was located in the coveted cove on Padaro Lane.
Current Active Homes for Sale in Carpinteria
- Currently as of November 1st, 2011, there are approximately 54 homes available for sale in the Carpinteria area. The lowest priced available homes for sale are condos ranging generally from around $195,000 to around $375,000. The highest priced homes for sale tend to be properties located on the ocean front. Some of these are very high end ocean front listings such as the one currently listed for $25,500,000 located at 3165 Padaro Lane. There are currently 8 magical ocean front homes in the Carpinteria area that are active for sale priced between $4 and $25 million.
- Montecito 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara Ocean Front Areas
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate
- Most Significant Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales 2011…so far
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.