Here is an quick summary of the real estate market in the Summerland area from the past summer months through until the end of October 2011. Normally this time of year sees a lot of activity in June and July, then slowing a little in August as many people are on vacation, sending kids off to school, paying bills from all the summer activities etc. Then in mid September through until about Thanksgiving we have a relatively strong real estate market on average. Overall, the Summerland market has been a little slower than average with sales. Most of the sales this summer and overall in the last year have been around the $500,000 to $1 million price point on average.
Closed Sales in the Summerland Area
- During these 5 months from June – October, Summerland had approximately 11 Closed sales of condos, town homes, PUD’s (planned unit developments) and single family homes. The lowest priced sale that was recorded in the Santa Barbara MLS during this stretch of the year was a nicely updated 2 bed, 2 bath plus and extra room town home located on Lillie that closed for $500,000. The highest sale was a newer built home (2008) with ocean views located at 2435 Golden Gate Ave that sold for $1.1 million.
Current Active Homes for Sale in Summerland
- Currently as of November 1st, 2011, there are approximately 11 homes available for sale in the Summerland area. The lowest priced available home on the market right now is for sale for $849,000. The highest priced homes for sale currnently on the market is a beach front home for $2.95 million. This is a wonderful contemporary style “beach house” with top quality features throughout, numerous decks and patios and obviously panoramic views of the ocean and Summerland Beach.
- Montecito 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Summerland CORT Reports
- Santa Barbara 2010 Year End Sales Stats
- Santa Barbara Ocean Front Areas
- Santa Barbara Luxury Real Estate
- Most Significant Montecito Luxury Real Estate Sales 2011…so far
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.