Sotheby's International Realty
1436 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone or Text
After a relatively slower luxury high end real estate market here in 2011 in the Santa Barbara area, 2012 has started out with a fair amount of activity in our luxury high end market. For purposes of this post, I will be referring to the luxury high end real estate market as home values of $7,500,000 and above.
In the Santa Barbara area, the areas in which we find these higher values tend to be pretty much centralized in Montecito, Hope Ranch, along the coastline / beach front or on a larger Ranch. Additionally, most of the sales and activity tend to occur in Montecito simply because of the available inventory.
So far in the first 10 weeks for 2012 we have seen:
- Fourteen new listings come on the market above $7.5 million, ranging in price from $7.65 million to $22 million
- Two listings that are currently pending sale…asking prices of $12.5 million and $22 million respectively
- Three closed sales ranging in price from $9.5 million to $19.5 million
Here below are a sample of some wonderful photos of these luxury high end real estate sales so far here in the first 10 weeks.
Most of these luxury homes offer numerous amenities including acreage, ocean views, solid privacy, high end neighbors, newer construction or well kept historical estate and much much more. If you are looking to get set up with private showings and listings sent to you that meet just your needs, please feel free to call at anytime.
- High End Mesa Townhomes with Impressive Ocean Views
- Is Your Santa Barbara Dream Home Also a Green Home?
- Santa Barbara Real Estate – Montecito Real Estate Update 3rd quarter 2011
- Proven Results to Make Your SB Home Search Enjoyable and Successful
- Luxury Real Estate Articles
- The Oceanfront Areas
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in the Santa Barbara area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.