No real change from the end of last year. As we “seemingly roll” here into 2013, the Santa Barbara real estate market continues to be very very strong with the overriding theme being the lack of inventory. Across the bulk (heart) of our market from $300,000 to $2,000,000, the lack of inventory is keeping prices strong and rising and buyers very ready as they know they have to sometimes write offers in as little as 1-3 days of a new listing coming on the market.
Here are the latest January 2013 statistics for the Santa Barbara real estate market. The graph below combines the monthly inventory of properties with new sales and listings. The number of new listings is up compared to last year, but still way below what we are used to and need in this market as buyers are outnumbering the inventory by a large extent.
- 5 Year Average Selling Price for Santa Barbara
- High End Montecito Real Estate Continues Strong Pace
- What Does $1 million Buy in Today’s Real Estate Market?
- What is the Early 2012 Pulse in Santa Barbara’s Real Estate Market?
- Santa Barbara Real Estate Seriously Rebounding – Forbes.com
- Santa Barbara CORT Reports April 2012
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS