Every year here in the Santa Barbara / Montecito / Hope Ranch / Carpinteria areas, we see some very exclusive high end real estate sales. Often some of these sales top the $20 million mark which is a lot to be said for the demand for exclusive luxury property in our area. Although we see sales above the $20 million price point, more often than not, the “high end” sales tend to be in the $10 to $20 million price range.
In just the last 12 months, our MLS has reported 4 closed sales over the $13.5 million mark.
- 3165 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria CA sold in September 2012 for $16.9 million
- 888 Lilac Drive, Montecito CA sold in April 2013 for $14.6 million
- 4257 Avenue Del Mar, Carpinteria CA sold in February 2013 for $14 million
- 1453 Bonnymede Drive, Montecito CA sold in March 2013 for $13.5 million
*The caveat to this is that there are usually some even higher end sales not reported in the MLS such as the $26 million Ellen DeGeneres just paid for a home here in Montecito CA in the last few months.
So what are the most expensive homes currently for sale in our area?
As of right now, the 3 most expensive homes on the market here in the Santa Barbara area are listed as:
- 3443 Padaro Lane, Carpinteria CA listed for $28.9 million. Completely remodeled in 2008, the breathtaking oceanfront architecture delights the senses with walls of glass which showcase the entire Padaro cove. Entry level includes 3 bedrooms and great room where the living, dining and kitchen spaces are “as one” with the beach . Upper level is a sublime master suite where office, bedroom, closet and bath share spectacular views. Detached guest house overlooks the clay court.
- 690 Picacho Lane, Montecito CA listed for $27 million. Elegant Provincial living, steps from Montecito’s Upper Village! 9 private acres w/sweeping ocean & mtn views in the heart of Montecito’s Golden Quadrangle. Vast & impressive, yet immensely livable, this French Provincial style home offers perfect scale throughout. 5beds/5.5baths main hse + gst hse, 2bd apartment, pool, cabana, tennis ct, orchards & exceptional greenhouse great as gym/art studio.
- 1685 Fernald Point Lane, Montecito CA listed for $26 million. A rare jewel, this significant Fernald Point residence with 244+/- linear ft. of ocean front, sits on 3 flat acres and includes a 7,300± sq.ft., 5 bedroom, 6 bath home with pool, tennis court and beach cabana plus 2 bedroom guest or servants quarters. This unique estate is an oasis of rolling lawns and specimen palms all facing South to the sand and surf.
- Montecito Real Estate 93108 Zip Code Once Again Among the Richest in America at #3
- Benefits of Pocket Listings Here in Santa Barbara and Montecito
- Santa Barbara Real Estate Seriously Rebounding – Forbes.com Article
- High End Luxury Montecito Sales Continue Strong Pace
- What Are Considered The Higher End Neighborhoods in Santa Barbara
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.