Sotheby's International Realty
1436 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone or Text
For the Goleta area, the overall bulk of our real estate market here falls into the following segments:
- Entry level condos from around $300,000 to $500,000
- Single family homes from around $550,000 to $1,000,000
Both of these markets in Goleta have been extremely strong over the last 18 months, with prices continually rising from June 2012 til around August 2013. In the last few months, we have finally seen a leveling off of prices, but the market is still very active with lower than normal inventory. Combine this lower inventory with the interest rates staying fairly stable and it is easy to see how our market is staying fairly strong.
The graph below shows clearly that the average sales price has gone up over the last 2 years, while the amount of sales has slightly decreased. This is in direct correlation to our limited inventory. Average list price and average sales price for Goleta real estate has also continually increased over the last few years.
In the Carpinteria area, the average list price and sales price has dropped over the last year, but total number of homes sold has increased a decent amount. The real estate market here is also a very solid market, but has cooled a little over the last several months.
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Goleta Real Estate Market 3rd Quarter 2012 Update
- Santa Barbara Yearly Market Comparison – Sept 2013
- Why are Short Sales in Goleta and Santa Barbara Selling with Ease?
- Seller’s Resources
- 2012 Santa Barbara Real Estate Year in Review
- What Kind of Real Estate Does $1 and $2 Million Buy in the Santa Barbara and Montecito area
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.