2013 has come and gone, but not without some fairly significant sales here in the Santa Barbara area. Each year it is interesting to look back at some of the major properties that were sold. Most all of them always come through the MLS, but each year there are a few major private sales in our area as well. For example, this year there was a sale in Montecito to a famous celebrity around the $26 million price point that was off market.
I have gone ahead and listed below from high to low the highest priced sales in our area for 2013 according to the MLS.
- 757 Riven Rock Road, Montecito CA., 93108. Grand Ocean View Mediterranean Villa on 4 landscaped acres with lily ponds and waterfalls. An entry foyer with hand-painted dome & dual curved staircases leads you into this estate with spacious view living areas including a sunlit solarium, library, media room, and five bedrooms. The property offers a wonderful pool pavilion for entertaining & a luxurious guest house located near the tennis court. Sold for $16,715,000.
- 888 Lilac Drive, Montecito CA., 93108. Inspired by the glamor and elegance of 1920s Paris, this breathtaking newer estate was designed with the highest quality to be low in EMFs and toxins while boasting endless ocean views, a prime yet peaceful Montecito location and unmatched sophistication. The 6bed 8bath home has a gym, two game rooms, media room, 1bedroom guesthouse, swimmer’s pool, organic gardens, stone amphitheater and Wimbledon lawn. Sold for $14,625,000.
- 1518 East Mountain Drive, Montecito CA., 93108. This Montecito Estate sits on over 4.8 unparalleled panoramic ocean view acres on East Mountain Drive and at the pinnacle of the Golden Quadrangle; Montecito’s most sought after location. Minutes from the San Ysidro Ranch, the Upper Village and Beaches. Completed in 2008 by Becker Construction and Designed by Cearnal Andrulaitis Architects. This nearly 12,000 sq ft estate offers 5 en suite bedrooms in the main house, including a ground-floor Master Bedroom with dual master baths, an outstanding 2 story great room with expansive 20 foot sliding glass doors with spectacular ocean views, gourmet kitchen with two islands, separate eating nook with cobblestone fireplace and sitting area, family room with built-in cabinetry, 16 seat Movie Theater with authentic candy counter, stone Wine Cellar with tasting area, 2 Elevators, private patio with fire pit, and an incredible detached vaulted office with ocean views. The home is surrounded beautiful landscape in including 200 olive trees and 80 year old eucalyptus trees, wide open terraces, an infinity edge pool and spa, putting green, a large grassy lawn, outdoor fireplace and more, all positioned to enjoy one of Montecito’s most prized ocean and island views. If location, views and quality of construction cannot be compromised, you will not discover a greater estate. Sold for $14,400,000.
4257 Avenue Del Mar, Carpinteria CA., 93013. A very special & private beachfront family compound in exclusive & gated Sandyland Cove includes a 6 bedroom main house, a 1 bed guest house with living room, tennis court, swimming pool & spa, 3+/- car garage on 1 +/- acre with approximately 95 feet of beach frontage. One of the largest parcels on the “Cove.” Properties like this are almost never on the market. Sold for $14,000,000.
- 1453 Bonneymede Drive, Montecito CA., 93108. Pristine quality beachfront home in exclusive Sea Meadows private enclave in best Montecito location. Optimum privacy for beachfront site on the sand, breathtaking views, architectural French Country design incorporates indoor/outdoor living with French doors to sea-side garden terraces, hi-quality craftsmanship, rare, enormous full basement for storage, wine etc. Sold for $13,500,000.
- Sotheby’s Int’l Realty – Online Stats for the Santa Barbara and Montecito Areas
- 3 Most Expensive Homes Currently for Sale in Santa Barbara
- Montecito Once Again Amongst the Highest Zip Codes in the US
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.