Sotheby's International Realty
1436 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone or Text
Once again in 2013, San Roque was one of the most active neighborhoods with regards to real estate in Santa Barbara proper. The San Roque area tends to always be a desirable place to move into or move around once already there. The attractiveness of the San Roque area is based on a lot of factors:
- Peabody is a very sought after school for many families.
- The average household tends to be “affordable” for Santa Barbara standards…around $800,000 to $1.2 million on average.
- The close proximity to both uptown and downtown. Each only 1-3 minutes by car.
- The mature older landscape and varied household architecture.
- Close proximity to the foothills and hiking, The Mission, numerous parks, as well as the beaches.
Here is a quick bullet list of what the San Roque area did this year with regards to real estate.
- There were 86 sales of both single family homes and condos in the San Roque area.
- With regards to condos, the lowest priced unit was a 1 bedroom condo that sold for $375,000 while the highest priced condo sold for $815,000.
- For single family homes, the lowest priced sale was $581,000 for a short sale fixer on Alamar. The highest priced sale for a single family homes was $2.2 million for a 1929 Edward and Plunkett home in the heart of San Roque.
- There are currently 9 homes that are pending sale ranging in price from $535,000 (for a condo) to $1,599,000.
There are also currently only 6 Active homes for sale in the San Roque area…4 condos and 2 single family homes.
- 2013 Real Estate Year in Review – Samarkand Area
- Santa Barbara Hope Ranch Real Estate Update 3rd Quarter 2013
- Santa Barbara Real Estate Market Update 3rd Quarter 2013
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.