Always one of the more desired areas and higher end areas in Santa Barbara, The Riviera had a solid year in 2013 with regard to real estate sales. One thing different this year is that we saw many newer homes on The Riviera that have recently finished or are close to being finished that were burnt down from the recent fires a few years back…some of which are being sold.
As a lifestyle, The Riviera area encompasses mostly ocean-facing homes extending for approximately two miles. Since the past century, The Riviera has been known as “The American Riviera” due to its resemblance to the Mediterranean coastal towns found along the coasts of France and Italy. The neighborhood has numerous winding character filled streets with intricate stone work terracing built mainly by early 20th-century Italian immigrants.
Because of the hilly topography found on The Riviera, homes tend to have outstanding views of both the City of Santa Barbara and The Pacific Ocean and local Channel Islands.
Here is a quick bullet list of where The Riviera was with real estate in 2013:
- There are currently 18 Active homes for sale on The Riviera ranging in price from $1,549,000 to $6,995,000.
- There are currently 0 pending sales on The Riviera.
- There were 39 sales on The Riviera. The lowest priced sale was a single family home on Grand that had multiple offers and sold for $806,000. The highest priced sale was a beautiful Spanish Villa on the Upper Riviera that sold for $3.1 million.
- 2013 Riviera Mid Year Sales Update
- What Are Considered the Higher End Neighborhoods in Santa Barbara?
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our area, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.