Mission Canyon has always been a popular spot for a quick easy entry-point for weekend foothill hiking. It is one of the most rustically beautiful canyons we have in the Santa Barbara area, yet as we have seen can be extremely fire-prone due to heavy mature natural vegetation. Since the fires a few years back, we are seeing a lot of new construction in the area. Some of this new construction is then coming on the market for sale, while others are simply re-builds. Driving around, you can see that some areas now can be scattered with multi-million dollar homes.
In 2013, we saw a good amount of activity in the area.
- Overall there were 32 sales in the area ranging in price from $472,000 to $2.65 million.
- There are currently no pending sales.
- There are currently 10 Active listings ranging in price from $649,000 to $3.5 million.
Here are the top 5 Sales in the Mission Canyon area for 2013
- 991 Tornoe Road, Santa Barbara CA 93105. Sold for $2.65 million – Listen to the nearby Mission bells as you drive up a private road framed by native flowers. It feels like you are in the South of France! Impeccably remodeled 5,600 sq ft home with panoramic ocean/island/mountain views. 4 bed, 3.5 bath, huge office (could be 5th bed), cinema in main home + 1 bed/bath, LR in guest house. Fabulous pool with electric cover, patio with built-in gas BBQ. Fabulous Chef’s kitchen with huge island, Viking 6 burner stove, Bosh dishwasher, Sub Zero, wine cooler, farm sink with 2nd farm sink in adjoining mudroom. Exquisite baths with custom tiles, radiant heat in master bath floor.
- 1417 Mission Canyon Road, Santa Barbara CA 93105. Sold for $1.925 million – Custom built in 1995, this Mediterranean beauty features 4 bedroom suites, 4 fireplaces, study, exercise & game rooms, soaring cathedral ceilings, stamped concrete floors upstairs, bamboo flooring downstairs, and an open & airy great room w/designer kitchen. Ocean, island & mountain views from almost every room to enhance this serene 2+ acre entertainer’s paradise.
- 2254 Las Canoas Road, Santa Barbara CA 93105. Sold for $1.747 million – Custom built Santa Fe-style Contemporary w/ocean & island views on 1 acre. High ceilings & 3 patios take advantage of the south-facing views in this sun drenched 3bed, 3.5bath with separate office. Potential for dual living with approx 2000 sq.ft. of additional unfinished above ground space. Special features include a grey water irrigation system, drought tolerant landscaping, dumb waiter, 3-car garage.
- 2650 Holly Road, Santa Barbara CA 93105. S0ld for $1.64 million – Ocean & mountain views grace this beautiful top quality 3 bed, 2.5 bath single level contemporary home on approximately 1.27 acres. Wonderful open floor plan with teak “Nana-doors” opening to the level yard (ready for a pool) hardwood floors, top of the line European style kitchen, lovely master suite with fireplace & steam shower. + a detached studio/workshop & close to trails & 5 minutes to downtown.
- 2825 Ben Lomond, Santa Barbara CA 93105. Sold for $1.425 million – Spectacular ocean and island views from this stunning 5b/3.5b Mediterranean. home with over 3,000 square feet. Built in 1998 has newer construction feel.Ground floor master bedroom with huge/walk-in closet and luxurious master bath. Hardwood floors through out downstairs, new carpet upstairs. 3 sets of French doors open to the rear yard patio. Large kitchen with abundant cabinets, granite counters & built-in refrigerator.
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Sotheby’s Int’l Realty.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.