The Mesa Neighborhood, Santa Barbara CA
3rd Quarter Update
Through the first 3 quarters of the year here in Santa Barbara, The Mesa area has once again been a very active part of our town with both listings and buyers out there buying. Most of the activity has been either in the lower part of The Mesa above Shoreline park (Marine Terrace), or above Cliff Drive. The “old school” part of The Mesa above Mesa Steps seems to always have fewer listings each and every year as many of these homes are either past on generation to generation or simply people do not want to move from this cherished area.
Here are some quick statistics for the first 9 month of 2017:
- There have been 86 sales reported in the MLS
- There are currently 11 active listings on The Mesa (4 condos and 7 single family homes)
- There are currently 14 pending sales (properties in escrow)
- The lowest condo sale of the year was at $550,000 for a 2 bed 1 bath condo on Camino Calma
- The lowest single family home sale of the year was at $827,000 located at 2324 White Avenue
- The highest sale of the year was at $3.1 million located at 1568 La Vista del Oceano
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Real Estate and Homes For Sale in Washington School District
- Real Estate and Homes For Sale in the Peabody School District
- El Escorial Villas Santa Barbara Beachfront Condos
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.