Within Goleta, Summerland and Carpinteria, there are a decent amount of options for true gated communities. With true gated communities, I am referring to a true gate that is locked at the entrance to the community and only accessed via a code and/or someone who is watching the gate.
I have gone ahead and listed the communities below that fall into this category for Goleta and Carpinteria. I have also offered a brief description of some of the highlights. If you would like more specifics on any of these areas and communities, such as current active available homes, more pictures, prices, schools etc., please be in touch.
Goleta Area Gated Communities
- The Bluffs – The Bluffs are located at the northern end of Goleta. These luxury gated homes feature custom quality finishes and some of the highest end construction in Goleta. Built between 2007 and 2009, these homes are located adjacent to a Monarch butterfly preserve and the Sandpiper Golf Course. Set on the bluffs just above the Pacific Ocean, there are walking paths and access to the open beaches below. Architectural features tend to have stone facades, courtyard entries, elegant master suites and all-Viking kitchens.
- The Grove – The Grove Condos are located towards the north west end of Goleta CA. This entry level complex is very well kept, gated and one of the larger complexes in Goleta. The complex also has a nice, quiet cottage feel and sits among very mature trees. Due to the fact that it is one of the larger complexes, it also tends to see a good amount of real estate sales each year. For many of its residents, it is a wonderful first option to purchase and many owners seem to have some ties to UCSB (students, faculty etc.). The Grove is intended as a “home owner” complex and has stricter rules than many complexes with regards to renting. Each unit has 1 assigned covered parking space.
Carpinteria & Summerland Area Gated Communities
- Beach Club Road – Beach Club Road is a small gated luxury beachfront community off of the famed Padaro Lane community. Homes here very greatly in size and style. In the community there are only a handful that have true prominent beach front presence to Padaro Cove, one of the nicest exclusive stretches of sand in the country.
- Sand Point Road – Sand Point Road is a very exclusive guarded and gated community that stretches along the ocean front sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean on one side and the marsh on the other side. Estates here are generally larger and most every home has a prominent oceanfront presence. Styles vary greatly from Cottages, to Contemporary to the small Moroccan architecture of Casa Blanca.
- Sandyland Cove – Sandyland Cove sits adjacent to the exclusive Sand Point Road, but is accessed via different street. Sandyland Cove is also a very exclusive guarded and gated community that stretches along the ocean front sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean on one side and the marsh on the other side. Estates here are generally larger and most every home has prominent oceanfront presence.
- Polo Fields Condos – The Santa Barbara Polo Fields was built in the mid 1970’s and features a wonderful pool, lush tropical landscaping and private club facilities. World famous in the Polo Community, these condos are wonderful options for second homes and simple turn-key living. Some units have solid views of the ocean and sunsets. Additionally, the entire complex sits next to wonderful tennis facilities. Sizes of condos vary a decent amount.
- Cottages At Summerland – The Cottages at Summerland were built in the early 2000’s. Most of the homes here have good to great ocean views and high-end quality custom finishes and features. This is a smaller complex that sits next door to the quaint town of Summerland…a 1 minute bike ride away. Summerland is filled with antique shops, small eateries and direct access to a wonderful safe beach. The majority of the homes range from 2000-3500 sqft.
- Rincon Point – Rincon Point is a medium sized gated community of single family homes located on the world famous surf point. Homes vary greatly in size and style. It is a small enclave of true beach goer’s, surf fanatics, second home owners and artists. The entire area is developed and several homes line the beachfront, while the majority sit just inside beach front only a stones throw from the shore.
- Santa Barbara Market Statistics
- Montecito Santa Barbara Gated Communities
- Premier Exclusive Gated Community of Ennisbrook
- Premier Golfing Community of Birnam Wood
- El Escorial Villas Santa Barbara Beachfront Condos
- El Escorial & East Beach Town Homes
- Santa Barbara CA Neighborhoods – Downtown
- Santa Barbara Rated Amongst The Best Mid-sized Downtowns in California
Search: The Santa Barbara Area MLS
For more information on Real Estate here in Santa Barbara, Montecito and/or our surrounding areas, as well as any other aspects of life in our wonderful town, please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Schmidtchen at Berkshire Hathaway Home Services.
Thank you for reading. I hope you find Santa Barbara Real Estate Voice informative. Please feel free to contact me or comment below with any thoughts.